How to Upload Your Ad Tag to Your Blog
There are multiple ways you can set up your IZEA Media ad tags. Below are the steps for the most popular ways of setting them up.
Through an ad widget/gadget/tool
We often recommend bloggers use one of these to set up their ad tags because it allows you to set up the tags without editing your blog HTML and it is the easiest to troubleshoot if you are having issues.
- When using a widget/gadget/tool, add both the header tag and the body tag to the same widget
- Make sure the header tag is directly above the body tag and both tags match exactly what is in Social Spark
- If you are having issues seeing the ad make sure you are using a widget/gadget/tool that is compatible with Google tags
Directly through your blog HTML
- Insert the header tag after the <head> portion of your HTML and before the </head> portion
- Insert the body tag after the <body> portion of your HTML and before the </body>where you would like the ad to appear on your blog
- If the ad does not appear centered just simply add <center> directly before the body tag and </center> immediately after the end of the tag
Through an ad server
- When using an ad server to host your ad tags live you will enter them as an HTML creative
- Place the header tag and the body tag as the HTML creative with the header tag directly above the body tag
- You will receive a message saying the ad server does not recognize the ad code, this is ﬁne. Since our ad tags do not contain macros the ad server doesn’t recognize the tag, you can hit save anyway
Once the Ads code is installed to your blog you should start to see ads appearing within the hour and your SocialSpark dashboard will register impressions within 24 hours of the tag going live.
If you chose a FanAds (in post) ad, the snippet of code should go at the very top of any post in which you want the ad to appear.
This means that you will have to install the Fan Ad code snippet individually to the HTML of each post in which you wish the ad unit to appear.
This ad is only allowed to appear on the top of non-sponsored posts.
If you have any questions about setting up your ad tag or if you have any issues once the ad tag has gone live please feel free to reach out to us using the form below: